IGEM:Cambridge/2008/Notebook/Turing Pattern Formation/2008/07/30
| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Plamsid miniprep (for I746001, I746101 and PNZ8901 from big flasks
- Measure DNA concentration in our samples to decide the volume of DNA we have to add in our preparation
Everthing is really too big! There is a problem, either dimerization, either contamination, either a problem in our work. So we are going to run a new gel.
- Miniprep plasmid from growth bottles (I746001, I746101 and PNZ8901); from plates (I746001, I746101 and PNZ8901).
- Do single digest for PNZ8901 (one with PstI, one with SalI)
- Run a gel with : PNZ8901 from friday, PNZ8901 digest with PstI, PNZ8901 digest with SalI, 3 samples from growth bottles, 3 samples from plates (to check the size of the uncut vectors)
The ladders are really bad! But the size of our biobricks and plasmid are too big! So we can not trust these big cultures. They is a problem. With tests from the first week, we know that biobricks are right, so we are going to grow new cultures from these first cultures, to make stocks.
Concerning the vectors, they are from last year, so we are not sure of what they are. Since we ordered new well defined vectors (we should receive them on friday), we will use them in the next steps to be sure of our work.