Ligation #3 Continued
- Yesterdays streaked plates from the third ligation showed no growth, except for mCherry, which had maybe 15 very small colonies.
- The mCherry that was poured out onto a new plate yesterday had a full lawn.
- Also, the mCherry test of the competent cells grew very well. the 1.5 ml tube had been left in the incubator over night.
- Considering this information, the remaining samples of the TesA/RBS ligation and the RBS backbone were poured onto new plates in the hopes that they too will show more growth.
- Plates were left upstairs in the 32°C incubator, as the incubator downstairs doesn't hold a constant temp, and its airflow drys out the plates prematurely.
- Seeds of the mCherry plate that grew were started.
- Three seeds were made using 5 ml LB with chlor. antibiotic, and one colony. The pipette tip was dipped into the first and second and then scraped along the bottom of the third.