Picking Colonies for parts 1,3,4,5, and 7
- From the 7 plates done on 6/25, two of them failed. These were plates 2 and 6.
- For the remaining plates, a single colony was selected and marked.
- 80 mL of LB broth was taken from the stock and 80 μL of chloramphenicol was added. This was used to generate 15 culture tubes with 5 mL of LB/chloramphenicol in them.
- A selected colony was picked up using a pipette. The pipette was dipped into three of the culture tubes and labeled with the plate number. This was repeated for each plate.
- The plates were stored at 4 °C and the tubes were placed into the shaker incubator to grow overnight.