How to reduce agarose pad sliding
Please feel free to edit if you have other tricks.
- Press the pad with finger or with the wide end of a pipette tip (e.g. 1000ml tip)
- Helps, but I still get sliding, especially at high temp (>=40C) --FSP 23:14, 8 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- Use a bigger pad; try to fit it exactly on the glassy part of the dish
- Again, it helps, but I still get sliding, especially at high temp (>=40C)--FSP 23:14, 8 Jun 2005 (EDT)
Not tried yet
- Dry the pad for longer before using it. I typically dry it for 45min.
- If I want to do really really nice microscopy I make sure I leave it for at least one hour bruno afonso Aug 14 2006
- Use a pad with a higher percentage of agarose. By the way, why are we using agarose, and why low-melting point agarose in particular?