Transformation of DH5α with KAH013 07/26/13
- LB+amp plates were taken from fridge and placed in incubator at 37degrees.
- KAH013 plasmid was taken from the fridge.
- In a 1mL tube, 9μL of dH2O and 1μL of KAH013 were added.
- DH5α cells were taken from the freezer and placed in an ice bath.
- Waited 10 mins for the DH5α cells to thaw.
- In the 1mL tube containing the dH2O and the plasmid, 50μL of DH5α was added.
- Waited 10 mins for the bacteria to accept the plasmid.
- Pipetted the 60μL contents of the 1mL tube onto the warmed LB-amp plates.
- Around 6-10 rolling beads were used to spread the bacteria.
- Plates were placed in incubator at 37degrees for 12 hours.
- Heather came in after 12 hours to remove the plates from the incubator.