From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
Back to Endy lab E coli strains
- Strain: MG1655
- Genotype: See CGSC#6300
- Date: 09/2005
- Experimenter: Francois St-Pierre
- Strain obtained from: E.coli Genetic Stock Center (CGSC). CGSC#6300, Source person = M.S.Guyer (choice 1).
- Stock preparation: The stock came as a few drops of a glycerolized culture placed on a filter disc. The filter disc was placed on a LB plate and ~200ul of LB was added on the filter to humidify it. A sterile loop (or toothpick), after touching the liquid, was used to streak on the same plate. The plate was incubated at 37C. A single colony was then grown in LB at 30C until it just reached saturation (OD600~3.1). Glycerol stocks were made by mixing 1ml of culture with 1ml of 40% glycerol, vortexing, and storing at -85C.
- Physical location of the stock:
- Lab stocks: 2 vials in box "E.coli #2" 2nd shelf from the top of the -85C fridge (as of Oct3,2005);
- Francois St-Pierre's stocks: 2 vials in box "Francois's Ecoli 1" (as of Oct3,2005). ID#: FSP B1.