(Redirected from Endy:Counter-selectable markers for studying evolutionary stability)
- lacY (t-o-nitrophenyl-B-D-galactopyranoside)
- thyA (trimethoprim)
- pheS (p-chlorophenylalanine) see PMID 8125286
- Relaxed substrate specificity mutant of phenylalanine tRNA transferase that will incorporate p-chlorophenylalanine into proteins, killing the cell
- probably >1 gene can confer resistance?
- previous work (Novick/Szilard) has mapped mutation rates confering T1 resistance in chemostats.
- pyrF (5FoA)
- Jeff has ordered synthesized/BB'd
- in pyrF- strains can be selected on medium w/o Uracil, so can be selected and coutner-selected.
- tet? - see http://www.openwetware.org/wiki/Tetracycline