DataONE:meeting notes:8 June 2010
This DataONE OpenWetWare site contains informal notes for several research projects funded through DataONE. DataONE is a collaboration among many partner organizations, and is funded by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) under a Cooperative Agreement.
DataONE summer internship call
June 8, 2010, 1:30pm EST
Participants: Bruce Heather, Nic, Sarah, Valerie, Todd
Discussion of nascent projects
- Nic: Has started sampling the funders for articles in Dryad repository, searching for funders data policies. [Also beginning to look at project management plans with Trish? -tjv]
- Heather: Sarah's project is taking inventory of data citation practices. The first approach is article-journal centric. When authors reuse data, how do they attribute it/cite it? A second approach could be repository-centric [seeing how data repository holding are being used and policies are being followed? - tjv]
- Valerie: following up on Maribeth's suggestion to post articles on the resource site.
- Nic & Sarah are both on OpenWetWare, Valerie has been invited to start.
- The introductory presentations, and the resource page currently behind the DataONE members login, can go here. [There may be some overlap with a resources page being assembled by CDL?]
- Sarah will start blogging on a platform to be decided.
- Nic and Valerie both interested in doing same, and will coordinate what may become a group blog. Bruce and Todd will publicize those to ESIP, DataONE, Dryad, etc.
- Bruce will set up Doodle poll for a weekly meeting.
- For now, we will just use the telephone bridge, and post 'show and tell' material to the wiki.
- Todd will set up a Doodle poll to find a face-to-face meeting time, possibly early July.
- Place TBD.
- Students will work with their mentors to craft a 3-week plan with milestones/deliverables and post it to the wiki, ideally by the end of this week.
- Trish will ask Joan Starr of CDL to report back to us from the DataCite meeting.