Notes for July 7, 2010
- Valerie Enriquez 21:52, 7 July 2010 (EDT): As per discussion after my presentation today and in the breakout group, will re-draft article in a more narrative format with more qualitative evidence for support. I will also write a brief summary of my project outcomes for the DataONE newsletter. I have also posted my outline, first article draft and slides on the main page.
Questions to consider
- Why is it so hard to find data citations for repository data reuse in journal articles?
- What searches did I do? What ways could they be improved? How do my searches align with Sarah and Heather to establish a benchmark for successful searches.
- Who is the target audience of this article? Who would this benefit? Potentially publishers as far as potentially demonstrating a need for enforcing citation standards for data prior to article publication.
- What are some potential publications to submit this article to? Learned Publishing, DLib, Library Trends?