This DataONE OpenWetWare site contains informal notes for several research projects funded through DataONE. DataONE is a collaboration among many partner organizations, and is funded by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) under a Cooperative Agreement.
- Read Background Articles
- from Heather:
- Valerie's background page and spreadsheet DONE, COULD DO MORE BACKGROUND
- Look for standardized methods STILL NEED
- Review comments after 10:48 am yesterday DONE
- modify/reorganize spreadsheet and repost gdoc with data included DONE
- look into feasibility of also extracting data sharing information. DONE
- Time extraction process DONE
- takes approx 15 min to read through article manually and extract both data reuse and datasharing (and funding + abstract). i think it would be comparable for just reuse b/c i read through the same sections. this does not include coding the data.
- tag previous articles with data sharing as "Yes_DataSharing" in zotero STILL NEED
- Talk with Heather about random sampling DONE
- current idea: take a time sample (1st 25-50 articles in 2010) + random sample blocked by journal and by year and possibly also by discipline (though journal may accomplish this)
- data sharing vs. reuse
- extract entire matmet and not worry about the rest?
- necessity of author metadata (discipline, resident country), and editor
- model/software - depository? necessary?
- Group Chat at 3pm EDT DONE
- Blogpost DONE
- conference (NEON, miller, alain, etc)
- download Jan 2010 issues of Ecology, other journals. DONE