- Start: 8:30 AM
- Cultured bacteria (for biofilm optimization trial III next day)
- Single loop taken from streaked petri dishes on 12/13 and suspended into 10ml broth in a test tube (incubate at 37 C for 24hrs).
Notes on serial plating
- Plates incubated on 12/15: Sonicated biofilms from Trial I
- No growth at 10^-6, 10^-8, 10^-10 dilutions ==> REDUCE dilutions for Trial II plating
- Plates incubated on 12/16: Biofilm Inoculum (matched at 1.0 McFarland)
- LB: Too many to count at 10^-10, 10^-12, 10^-14 ==> INCREASE dilutions for Trial III plating
- M9: No growth at 10^-10, 10^-12, 10^-14 ==> Need to rethink centrifuge procedure!!!