- Start 9:15 AM
- Took 5 ml from 10-ml overnight E coli culture into 150 ml broth for 5-6 hr incubation at 37 C (inoculum for biofilm optimization )
- Prepared LB Broth (400 mL)
Biofilm Optimization (Trial I)
- Plated 10^-8, 10^-10, and 10^-12 dilutions to verify cell number after 5-hr incubation. To be checked after ~24 hrs for colony counting.
- M9 medium not homogeneous, may be due to saturation or skipping of autoclaving step. Must recalculate and redo later.
- Unsure of second step above, regarding minimal medium. Do we culture a separate inoculum using M9 medium?? If so, starting cell number is not consistent....
- Need to check with RPM value from literature.... 30 RPM from Tre-hardy et al. 150 RPM used was too fast, may have caused the spillage during biofilm growth