|30th Sep 2011|
Single Molecule Fluorescence Microscopy Measurement of BM14_5/20 and BM21_172/173
- As described on 29th Sept 2011, suitable origami concentrations for single molecule fluorescence microscopy needed to be found. Therefore the sample BM14_5/20 without any DNA binder diluted 1:1000, 1:5000 and 1:10000 were measured first.
- It showed that a dilution of 1:5000 results in an acceptable peak density (see picture below).
- The framerate was set to 20 pictures per second and the number of frames was 500 per video.
- The FRET efficiencies were calculated with Matlab (see explanation Evaluation of TIRF data).
- A histogram of the calculated FRET efficiencies can be seen below at the example of BM14_5/20 with 4.8 μM of spermine.