The NanoDrop ND-1000 is a full-spectrum (220 - 750nm) spectrophotometer that measures 1ul samples without the use of cuvettes or the need for dilution.
- Concentration and purity measurements of nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, oligos, PCR product, and hybridization probes). With a detection limit of about 2ng/ul (dsDNA) but has shown to be significantly variable at lower concentrations.
- Measures nucleic acid probe and dye concentrations to help determine microarray labeling efficiency (Cy3, Cy5, and Alexaflour dyes)
- Concentration and purity measurements of labeled and unlabeled proteins (Bradford, BCA, and Lowry assays). With a detection limit of about 0.1mg/ml(BSA).
- Can perform full-spectrum UV/Vis spectrophotometry (220nm - 750nm)
- Can determine cell density of microbial cultures in suspension
The NanoDrop ND-1000 is located at the BMC, building 68 room 316 and is FREE for core department use