- 1 wheel of Brie cheese
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (found in frozen section of grocery store)
- ~2 Tbsp jam, any flavor you like (I prefer strawberry or raspberry)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
Thaw puff pastry at room temp for 30-40 minutes. Slice wheel of brie in half so that you now have 2 thinner circles of brie. Carefully scoop out some of the brie in the middle of each wheel, leaving the edges intact so that there is a little hollow in the middle. Place one half of the brie in the middle of the puff pastry. Spoon in jam, filling the divot. Sprinkle nuts on top of jam (optional) and place other half of brie on top. Trim pastry into a circle large enough to come over the top of the brie. Fold pastry up over the top of the brie, and crimp edges. Place jam on top if desired. Brush pastry with egg. Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until pastry is browned. Cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with crackers and fruit.
- Be sure to seal brie well with puff pastry or it will leak in the oven.
- Bake on parchment paper for easy removal and cleanup of the pan.