BE UG Board Meeting
February 12, 2008
5:30pm 56-3rd Floor
Attendance: Dawn, Emilienne, Iny, Marta
- Let BE Students know about the problem and see the new possible designs at the study break
- Emilienne make a new voting survey with surveymonkey, link is on website, voting ends Feb 15th.
- Shirt order goes from Monday Feb 18th to Friday Feb 22nd
- Mike Lee, Dos Equis designer should still get a free shirt for his efforts
- Emilienne email out about tshirts: explain reason, voting, ordering, due-dates
- ASA Updates
- Now have the password, sn, and website to reserve rooms in a hard copy.
- Let's take advantage of this (eg. reserve rooms in student center?)
- BE Curriculum Updates
- Interest already expressed by a sophomore - Macky
- How get people into that position?
- appoint them
- ask for interest
- have a screening, why want to be involved in it?
- BE Associate Advisors
- Dawn email 2009's
- minimum requirements:
- assigned an advising group
- attend big group dinner "meet your assoc advisor" event (one per semester) [plan for March 2008]
- take out advisees 1 or 2 times per semester for coffee/ice cream to chat and answer questions
- continue being the same group's associate advisor until you graduate
- make it "pretty" so increase interest:
- get connections with an MIT faculty member
- make a difference in the BE curriculum
- social - meet new people
- free food
- feel good, help younger BE students
- BE UG students meet with possible BE faculty
- Doug proposed Friday Feb 22nd 12:30-1:30p
- Through email, Mike, Emilienne, Marta and Dawn agreed to have times alternate between 10:30-11:30 and 1:30-2:30 (multiple prospective faculty will visit) to get as many BE UG's there as possible.
- Marta email Doug with this reponse
- Senior Dinner
- Musuem of Science seems pretty awesome
- We are okay with using museum catering service - wolfgang puck
- Don't really need two rooms, but if BE dept is willing to pay for it, why not?
- Next meeting worry about the date (whether or not we want to change it)
- Event Title "BE Class of 2008 Graduation Banquet"
- BE Class email lists
- with just BE students' emails, no professors/admins
- since we have the list of BE students, we can get their emails and makes the lists ourselves
- if students don't want to be on the list, they can remove themselves
Next Meeting: Tuesday February 19th, 10pm Student Center
- Transition new BE Board Exec
- How to invite people to BE possible faculty brunch/lunches? (Doug wanted 7/8 UGs there)
- Tshirt update
- Associate Advising update
- Senior Dinner - date, location details
- Class emial lists - divvy up names, find email addresses
- Bulletin Board - make it pretty
- Emilienne email out about tshirts: voting, ordering, due-dates
- Dawn email 2009's about Associate Advising
- Marta email Doug response about prospective UGs at BE faculty luncheons
- Mike bring ballots to BE office
- Mike email out reminding people they can vote in BE office until Friday