Preparation of Lipid Films
The purpose of this protocol was to prepare lipid films for use in future experiments.
Materials below provided by Dr. J. Cannon.
- Lipid solution
- Add 6mL CHCl3 and 2mL MeOH for a total of 8mL of 3:1 CHCl3:MeOH.
- Take 2.5mL of CHCl3/MeOH solution and add it to the lipid solution in the vial (will have 2 vials total).
- Use 1mL of lipid/CHCl3/MeOH solution and place it in a 4mL vial (should have 5 vials total).
- Dry the vials using a roto-evaporator.
- Place vial in a desicator overnight to thoroughly dry.
- Store vials in freeze for future use.