Alm:New to MIT
Individuals who will be doing benchwork in the laboratory must complete the following safety training.
Before Starting Bench Work
The following requirements must be completed before any new member can begin bench work. Please note that some aspects of this training can be completed before your arrival in lab.
- Alm:Lab Specific Chemical Hygiene Training
- Complete Training Needs Assessment (requires MIT certificates)
- General Chemical Hygiene Training (online)
- Managing Hazardous Waste Training (online)
- Read CEE Department Safety Plan and complete internal questionnaire
- Read Chemical Hygiene Plan
- All individuals planning to do lab work also need to complete the General Biosafety for Researchers classroom course in a timely fashion. However, this does not need to be completed prior to beginning lab work.
- Sheila Frankel often holds a Parsons Lab safety training in conjunction with the Biosafety course.
Renewing Your Training
The following must be completed annually:
Return to Alm:Safety homepage