840:153g:Projects/project17/2011/10/04

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

Today in the lab we powderized a larger amount of our specimen than before. We went up to 3g this time. Crushed and ground it down into a fine powder for 15 min using liquid nitrogen. Afterward we put the powder in a tube and separated it into to samples. We also took colonies of our pre-transformed T-vector bacteria that we grew on plates last night and suspended them in liquid media for more growth over night. Net lab we will make a stock of them and isolate the DNA of their plasmids. We then took our 2 samples of plant specimen and we made a buffer stock solution with different concentrations in each of them. We warmed them for 10 min and we are now starting the plasmid isolation protocol.

Personal tools