20.109(F07): Module 2 oral presentations
The list of papers below is provided as a guideline for the types of papers that might be relevant for your presentation. You are not limited to the primary research articles on this list. The list is provided simply to give you an idea of the kinds of subjects that could make suitable presentations for the class. Search pubmed yourself to find articles of interest to you. Once you have decided on a paper for your presentation, please email it to nkuldell AT mit DOT edu or astachow AT mit DOT edu, and also "reserve" it by putting your (initials/lab section/team color) next to the listing here. As you prepare your talk be sure to follow the specific guidelines for oral presentations in this class.
For visibility, please use the following format to sign up if possible, substituting in your own initials and team colour: [ANS/WF/Yellow]. Thanks!
RNAi in other different cell types
- Sharma SK, Nirenberg M. Silencing of genes in cultured Drosophila neurons by RNA interference. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jul 23 abstract and pubmed link[AT/TR/Blue]
- Nakatsuka T, Abe Y, Kakizaki Y, Yamamura S, Nishihara M. Production of red-flowered plants by genetic engineering of multiple flavonoid biosynthetic genes. Plant Cell Rep. 2007 Jul 17 abstract and pubmed link
- Galliot B, Miljkovic-Licina M, Ghila L, Chera S. RNAi gene silencing affects cell and developmental plasticity in hydra. C R Biol. 2007 Jun-Jul;330(6-7):491-7. Epub 2007 Feb 15.abstract and pubmed link
- Gary DS, Davidson A, Milhavet O, Slunt H, Borchelt DR. Investigation of RNA interference to suppress expression of full-length and fragment human huntingtin. Neuromolecular Med. 2007;9(2):145-55.abstract and pubmed link
- Brandao PE, Castilho JG, Fahl W, Carnieli P Jr, Oliveira Rde N, Macedo CI, Carrieri ML, Kotait I. Short-interfering RNAs as antivirals against rabies. Braz J Infect Dis. 2007 Apr;11(2):224-5. pdf [TSP/WF/Red]
- Wang N, Sun YH, Liu J, Wu G, Su JG, Wang YP, Zhu ZY. Knock down of gfp and no tail expression in zebrafish embryo by in vivo-transcribed short hairpin RNA with T7 plasmid system. J Biomed Sci. 2007 Jul 12;
abstract and pubmed link [HD/WF/Green]
- Otani M, Hamada T, Katayama K, Kitahara K, Kim SH, Takahata Y, Suganuma T, Shimada T. Inhibition of the gene expression for granule-bound starch synthase I by RNA interference in sweet potato plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2007 Jul 12; abstract and pubmed link [NB/WF/Green]
- Serman A, Le Roy F, Aigueperse C, Kress M, Dautry F, Weil D. GW body disassembly triggered by siRNAs independently of their silencing activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007 Jun 29; abstract and pubmed link [VH/TR/Red]
- Kaushik Deb, Mayandi Sivaguru, Hwan Yul Yong, R. Michael Roberts Cdx2 Gene Expression and Trophectoderm Lineage Specification in Mouse Embryos Science. 2006 311:992 - 996 abstract and pubmed link as well as retraction
- Jongpil Kim, Keiichi Inoue, Jennifer Ishii, William B. Vanti, Sergey V. Voronov, Elizabeth Murchison, Gregory Hannon, Asa Abeliovich A MicroRNA Feedback Circuit in Midbrain Dopamine Neurons Science 31 August 2007:Vol. 317. no. 5842, pp. 1220 - 1224 abstract and pubmed link [YC/WF/Pink].
- Zimmermann TS, Lee AC, Akinc A, Bramlage B, Bumcrot D, Fedoruk MN, Harborth J, Heyes JA, Jeffs LB, John M, Judge AD, Lam K, McClintock K, Nechev LV, Palmer LR, Racie T, Röhl I, Seiffert S, Shanmugam S, Sood V, Soutschek J, Toudjarska I, Wheat AJ, Yaworski E, Zedalis W, Koteliansky V, Manoharan M, Vornlocher HP, MacLachlan I.RNAi-mediated gene silencing in non-human primates. Nature. 2006 May 4;441(7089):111-4.abstract and pubmed link [PRS/TR/Purple]
- Hiroshi Nakamura,1 Shahid S. Siddiqui,2 Xiang Shen,1 Asrar B. Malik,2 Jose S. Pulido,1 Nalin M. Kumar,1 Beatrice Y. J. T. Yue. RNA interference targeting transforming growth factor-β type II receptor suppresses ocular inflammation and fibrosis [JT/TR/Purple]
siRNA validation and applications
- Qiu S, Adema CM, Lane T.A computational study of off-target effects of RNA interference. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005 Mar 30;33(6):1834-47.abstract and pubmed links
- Zhang J, Wang C, Ke N, Bliesath J, Chionis J, He QS, Li QX, Chatterton JE, Wong-Staal F, Zhou D. A more efficient RNAi inducible system for tight regulation of gene expression in mammalian cells and xenograft animals. RNA. 2007 Aug;13(8):1375-83. abstract and pubmed links[JK/TR/Blue]
- Gonzalez-Alegre P, Paulson HL. Technology insight: therapeutic RNA interference--how far from the neurology clinic? Nat Clin Pract Neurol. 2007 Jul;3(7):394-404. abstract and pubmed link[CJM/WF/Purple]
- Natt F. siRNAs in drug discovery: target validation and beyond. Curr Opin Mol Ther. 2007 Jun;9(3):242-7. review's abstract and pubmed link
- Scherer L, Rossi JJ, Weinberg MS.Progress and prospects: RNA-based therapies for treatment of HIV infection. Gene Ther. 2007 Jul;14(14):1057-64.
abstract and pubmed link [RMA/TR/Red]
- Wood M, Yin H, McClorey G. Modulating the Expression of Disease Genes with RNA-Based Therapy. PLoS Genet. 2007 Jun 29;3(6):e109abstract and pubmed link[PAA/TR/Green]
- Krueger U, Bergauer T, Kaufmann B, Wolter I, Pilk S, Heider-Fabian M, Kirch S, Artz-Oppitz C, Isselhorst M, Konrad J.Insights into Effective RNAi Gained from Large-Scale siRNA Validation Screening. Oligonucleotides. 2007 Summer;17(2):237-50.abstract and pubmed link
- Tschaharganeh D, Ehemann V, Nussbaum T, Schirmacher P, Breuhahn K. Non-specific Effects of siRNAs on Tumor Cells with Implications on Therapeutic Applicability Using RNA Interference. Pathol Oncol Res. 2007;13(2):84-90.abstract and pubmed link[LBH/WF/Purple]
- Baigude H, McCarroll J, Yang CS, Swain PM, Rana TM.Design and creation of new nanomaterials for therapeutic RNAi. ACS Chem Biol. 2007 Apr 24;2(4):237-41.abstract and pubmed link[AN/TR/Green]
- Schiffelers RM, Xu J, Storm G, Woodle MC, Scaria PV. Effects of treatment with small interfering RNA on joint inflammation in mice with collagen-induced arthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2005 Apr;52(4):1314-8. abstract and pubmed link[RK/TR/Yellow]
- Mikat V, Heckel A. Light-dependent RNA interference with nucleobase-caged siRNAs. 2007 Oct.
[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17951332&ordinalpos=87&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum abstract and pubmed link] [KP/WF/Blue]