Wikiomics:RNA homology search
(Difference between revisions)
m (Reverted edit of 220.127.116.11, changed back to last version by 18.104.22.168)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 23:00, 19 November 2007
Probabilistic methods (SCFG/CM and HMMs)
- Infernal is an implementation of covariance models (profile stochastic context-free grammars) for RNA sequence/structure analysis. The Rfam database is maintained using Infernal.
- ERPIN (Easy RNA Profile IdentificatioN) is an RNA motif search program developed by Daniel Gautheret and André Lambert
- HomoStRscan A program for discovering homologous RNAs in complete genomes by taking a single RNA sequence with its secondary structure.
- PHMMTS An implementation of "pair hidden Markov models on tree structures (PHMMTSs)".
- RaveNnA A software package for faster covariance models whilst provably sacrificing no accuracy for rigorous filtering. Also includes heuristic filters.
- RNACAD A stochastic context-free grammar(SCFG) RNA modeling package that accounts for both primary and secondary structure information. SCFGs are robust and allow arbitrary deviations from a pattern.
- RSmatch RNA Secondary Structure Matcher: provides four functions: (1) regular database search, (2) multiple structure alignment, (3) iterative database search, and (4) pairwise sequence alignment.
RNA descriptor methods
- HyPa A system for the declarative description and efficient search of hybrid patterns in large genomic data sets.
- MilPat Motifs and Inter-moLecular motifs searching tool using Constraints Solving Problems formAlism and solving Technique.
- GUUGle A utility for fast exact matching under RNA base pairing rules. GUUGle efficiently locates potential helical regions under RNA base pairing rules, which include Watson-Crick as well as G-U pairs. It accepts a target and a query set of sequences, and determines all exact matches under RNA rules between target and query sequences that exceed a specified length.
- PatScan is a pattern matcher which searches protein or nucleotide (DNA, RNA, tRNA etc.) sequence archives for instances of a pattern which you input.
- RNABOB is an implementation of D. Gautheret's RNAMOT, but with a different underlying algorithm using a nondeterministic finite state machine with node rewriting rules.
- RNAMotif Construct descriptors based upon consensus models of structural RNAs, these can be used to scan data-bases for matches.
- RNAMST an efficient and flexible RNA Motif Search Tool for RNA structural homologs. RNAMST web server accepts four different kinds of input formats to facilitate user to describe a RNA structure easily.
Family specific searches
- ARAGORN A program to detect tRNA genes and tmRNA genes in nucleotide sequences.
- BRUCE A program for the detection of transfer-messenger RNA genes in nucleotide sequences