- Peng Xu
- Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Chemical and Biological Engieering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 110 Eighth Street
- Troy, NY 12180, USA.
- pxu999 at gmail dot com
I work in the Koffas group at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Before we moved to RPI at February 2011, I have studied at the State University of New York at Buffalo for two and a half years. My PhD projects involve developing synthetic biology tools to engineer the microbial synthesis of natural products and fuel molecules in E. coli.
- 2013, PhD in Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 2006, MS in Biochemical Engineering, Jiangnan University
- 2003, BS in Biotechnology, Jiangnan University
- Metabolic engineering
- Synthetic biology
- Natural Products/Biofuels
- Biochemical/Bioprocess engineering
Please refer to Google Scholar for complete list of publications and citations
- Xu P, Gu Q; Wang W, Wong L, Bower A, Collins CH and Koffas MA. (2013) Modular optimization of multi-gene pathway for fatty acids production in E. coli. Nature Communications, 4: 1409.
- Bhan N, Xu P and Koffas MA. (2013) Pathway and protein engineering approaches to produce novel and commodity small molecules. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Accepted.
- Bhan N, Xu P, Khalidi O and Koffas MAG. (2013) Redirecting carbon flux into Malonyl-CoA to improve Resveratrol titers: Proof of concept for genetic interventions predicted by OptForce computational framework. Chemical Engineering Science, Accepted manuscript, In press
- Xu P and Koffas MA. (2013) Assembly of multi-gene pathways and combinatorial pathway libraries through ePathBrick vectors. Book chapter in Methods in Molecular Biology: Synthetic Biology.
- Xu, Peng; Bhan, Namita; Koffas, Mattheos A.G. (2013) Engineering plant metabolism into microbes: from systems biology to synthetic biology. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 24(2), pp 291-299. PDF
- Xu, Peng; Vansiri, Amerin; Bhan, Namita; Koffas, Mattheos A.G. (2012) ePathBrick: A synthetic biology platform for engineering metabolic pathways in E. coli. ACS Synthetic Biology,1 (7), pp 256–266.PDF
- Xu, Peng; Ranganathan, Sridhar; Fowler, Zachary; Maranas, Costas D.; Koffas, Mattheos A.G. (2011) Genome-scale metabolic network modeling results in minimal interventions that cooperatively force carbon flux towards malonyl-CoA. Metabolic Engineering, Volume: 13 Issue: 5 Pages: 578-587. PDF
- Xu, Peng; Koffas, Mattheos A. G. (2010) Metabolic engineering of Escherichia coli for biofuel production, Biofuels, Volume: 1 Issue: 3 Pages: 493-504. PDF
- Zhang, Liang; Ding, Zhongyang; Xu, Peng; et al. (2011) Methyl lucidenate F isolated from the ethanol-soluble-acidic components of Ganoderma lucidum is a novel tyrosinase inhibitor,Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, Volume: 16 Issue: 3 Pages: 457-461. PDF
- Xu, Peng; Ding, ZY; Qian, Z; et al. (2008) Improved production of mycelial biomass and ganoderic acid by submerged culture of Ganoderma lucidum SB97 using complex media, Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Volume: 42 Issue: 4 Pages: 325-331. PDF
- Zhang, TX; Xu, P; Sun, J; et al. (2009) Identification of Biological Wort Turbidity Caused by Microbial Contamination of Gairdner Barley, Journal of the American Society of Brewing Chemists, Volume: 67 Issue: 1 Pages: 33-37