I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
| Dr. Veit-Simon Eckle|
My research focuses on the effects of volatile and intravenous anesthetics on GABA(A) and glycine receptor-mediated neurotransmission in the spinal ventral horn. This specific area of the spinal cord seems to play a key role in providing anesthetic-induced immobility. Organotypic slice cultures are well established in our lab and serve as a model for pharmacologic studies in intact neuronal networks.
- Spinale Mechanismen der Anästhesie
- Alternative Wirksamkeits-Testung von Botulinum Toxin B an Nerven-Muskel-Zellkulturen in vitro
- Intrajugulärer Ballon-Katheter zur Prävention von Luftembolie
|Residency:|| Department of Anesthesiology, University of Tübingen|
|Fellowship:|| Research Associate, Department of Anesthesiology (Prof. SM. Todorovic, Todorovic Lab) and Pharmacology (Prof. E. Perez Reyes Perez-Reyes Lab), University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA|
|Awards:||3rd Prize, oral presentation competition: "Propofol modulates rather phasic than tonic GABAergic currents in the spinal ventral horn", 14th Capital City Conference of the DGAI, Congress of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, September 2012|
WAKWIN Mentee, German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, 2010
|Patent:||link Intrajugular balloon catheter for prevention of air embolism (DE102011106676.8)|
|Memberships:||German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care|
European Society of Anaesthesiology
Associate Faculty Member of the Faculty of 1000 Medicine
- Eckle VS, Shcheglovitov A, Vitko I, Dey D, Yap CC, Winckler B, Perez-Reyes E. Mechanisms by which a CACNA1H mutation found in epilepsy patients increase seizure susceptibility. J Physiol. 2013 Nov 25. PubMed
- Dey D, Eckle VS, Vitko I, Sullivan KA, Lasiecka ZM, Winckler B, Stornetta RL, Williamson JM, Kapur J, Perez-Reyes E. A potassium leak channel silences hyperactive neurons and ameliorates status epilepticus. Epilepsia. 2013 Dec 2. PubMed
- Eckle VS, Antkowiak B. ALX 1393 inhibits spontaneous network activity by inducing glycinergic tonic currents in the spinal ventral horn. Neuroscience. 2013 Dec 3;253:165-71. PubMed
- Eckle VS, Hauser S, Drexler B, Antkowiak B, Grasshoff C. Opposing actions of sevoflurane on GABAergic and glycinergic synaptic inhibition in the spinal ventral horn. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e60286. PubMed
- Eckle VS, Digruccio MR, Uebele VN, Renger JJ, Todorovic SM. Inhibition of T-type calcium current in rat thalamocortical neurons by isoflurane. Neuropharmacology. 2012 Aug;63(2):266-73 PubMed
- Eckle VS, Grasshoff C. Intrajugular balloon catheter for prevention of air embolism. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2012 Jan;24(1):81-2. PubMed
- Choe W, Messinger RB, Leach E, Eckle VS, Obradovic A, Salajegheh R, Jevtovic-Todorovic V, Todorovic SM. TTA-P2 is a potent and selective blocker of T-type calcium channels in rat sensory neurons and a novel antinociceptive agent. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:900-10. PubMed
- Eckle VS, Todorovic SM. Mechanisms of inhibition of CaV3.1 T-type calcium current by aliphatic alcohols. Neuropharmacology. 2010;59:58-69. PubMed
- Eckle VS, Hucklenbruch C, Todorovic SM. What do we know about anesthetic mechanisms?: hypnosis, unresponsiveness to surgical incision and amnesia. Anaesthesist. 2009 Nov;58(11):1144-9. PubMed
- Haseneder R, Kratzer S, Kochs E, Eckle VS, Zieglgänsberger W, Rammes G. Xenon reduces N-methyl-D-aspartate and alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptor-mediated synaptic transmission in the amygdala. Anesthesiology. 2008;109:998-1006. PubMed
- Eckle VS, Buchmann A, Bursch W, Schulte-Hermann R, Schwarz M. Immunohistochemical detection of activated caspases in apoptotic hepatocytes in rat liver. Toxicol Pathol. 2004;32:9-15. PubMed
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.