User:Tushar N Patel
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Tushar Navin Patel
- Columbia University
- 500 W 120th St
- 801 Mudd Building
- New York, NY 10027
I am a graduate student in the Banta Lab at Columbia University in the Department of Chemical Engineering. Our lab works on protein and metabolic engineering for a variety of applications. My work is focused around heterogeneous biocatalysis and more specifically, the use of E. coli as a whole-cell biocatalyst.
- 2014 (expected), PhD in ChemE, Columbia University, New York, NY
- 2011, MS in ChemE, Columbia University, New York, NY
- 2009, BS in ChemE, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- Felsovalyi, F., Patel, T., Mangiagalli, P., Kumar, S. K. and Banta, S. (2012), Effect of thermal stability on protein adsorption to silica using homologous aldo-keto reductases. Protein Science, 21: 1113–1125. doi: 10.1002/pro.2099
My research interests all relate to engineering and using biology for a variety of applications including catalysis, sensing, structural functions, biomaterials, and therapeutics.
- Protein Engineering
- Metabolic Engineering
- Synthetic Biology
- Heterogeneous Biocatalysis