User:Tushar N Patel
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Tushar N Patel
- Columbia University
- 500 W 120th St
- 801 Mudd Building
- New York, NY 10027
I am a graduate student in the Banta Lab at Columbia University in the Department of Chemical Engineering. Our lab works on protein and metabolic engineering for a variety of applications. My work is focused around heterogeneous biocatalysis and more specifically, the use of E. coli as a whole-cell biocatalyst.
- 2014 (expected), PhD in ChemE, Columbia University, New York, NY
- 2011, MS in ChemE, Columbia University, New York, NY
- 2009, BS in ChemE, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
My research interests all relate to engineering and using biology for a variety of applications including catalysis, sensing, structural functions, biomaterials, and therapeutics.
- Protein Engineering
- Metabolic Engineering
- Synthetic Biology
- Heterogeneous Biocatalysis
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.