I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Pakpoom (Ton) Subsoontorn
- Ph.D student, Bioengineering Stanford
- Address: 73 Barnes Apartment 106 Stanford CA 94305
- Phone: (626)-375-2764
- Email: tons[at]stanford.edu, pakpoomTon[at]gmail.com
- Official Website
- I'm on facebook and hi5, just search my full name. There is only one pakpoom subsoontorn!
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2008-, MS/PhD, Bioengineering, Stanford University
- 2004-2008, BS (Biology and Computer Science), California Institute of Technology
Past Research Projects
- In vitro Self-Activating Switch (at Winfree Lab, Caltech)
- Biophysics of transcriptional regulation (at | Phillips Lab, Caltech)
- Shape Determination in Bacteria (at | Haung Lab, Stanford)
- In fall 2008, as a rotation student, I helped prof. KC Huang set up a new at Stanford. I started pilot projects related to biophysics of bacterial cell shape. The projects include 1) using light microscope and quantitative image analysis to study how E.coli cells convert between rod shape and nearly spherical shape during the transition between exponential growth phase and stationery phase, 2) studying the mechanics of E.coli cell wall cracking induced by antibiotic vancomysin, 3) designing a microfluidic device for culturing and imaging the lineage of rod-shape bacteria.
- Protein Structural Determination with mulitple FRET distance constraints (at |Quake Lab, Stanford)
Current Research Projects
Here are some imaginary courses I think should exist,
- Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (my version of BioE core class)