(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 22:32, 28 August 2013
| Project name
|| Main project page|
- Prepare a bovine serum albumin (referred to as BSA) and gold nanoparticle (referred to as AuNP) solution for later testing.
- Prepare a sodium citrate- AuNP solution.
- Determine the concentration of the prepared sodium citrate-AuNP solution using UV/vis.
- Add 1mL 2.54mM HAuCl4 solution prepared by Dr. Hartings to an 10mL volumetric flask.
- Add 1.80mL 15.6μM BSA solution to the 10mL volumetric flask.(The concentration of gold in the solution is 90x that of the BSA)
- Add 7.2mL deionized H2O to the 10mL volumetric flask.
- Transfer the solution into a test tube. Cap the test tube with aluminum foil
- Heat in oven at 80°C for 3hrs.
- Store the solution in a blue falcon tube.
Note:Use caution when removing the test tube from oven. The test tube will be hot.
Sodium citrate-AuNP solution Preparation
- Add 50mL of the prepared 0.295mM HAuCl4 solution to a clean 150mL beaker.
- Heat this solution to a boil while stirring the solution with a magnetic stir bar. Keep the beaker covered with a watch glass while the solution is heating.
- After the solution comes to a boil, add 1.5mL of 1%(w/v) sodium citrate(prepared by Dr. Harting's).
- Cover the beaker with a watch glass and allow to boil and stir for another 40 minutes.
- Remove the beaker from the hot plate and allow to cool to room temperature. Keep the watch glass on the top of the beaker until solution is cooled.
- Measure the volume of the solution.
Table 1. Prepared citrate-AuNP particle solution
| Final volume(mL)||9.5
| Final concentration citrate(M)||0.0054
| Final concentration Au(M)||0.0013