Glutaraldehyde Cross-linking, 100% Exchange Na-MT (2g), 50% Exchange (make 2 g) and γ-Fe3O4 Coated Na-MT( for making a magnetic Absorbent-2g).
- Cross-link film from FRiday-09-21
- We Waited until the temp of the solution reaches to 70 deg Celsius and then add 0.1 g PVOH
- 1 hr. later the film was taken out of the solution and was washed couple of times with distilled water before placing into 1% aqueous HCl solution for about half hour.
- Film pieces were removed from the solution and were placed into 2.0 M NaHCO3 solution and were left under the fume hood for 15 mins( with no heat or stirring involved).
The standard preparations (1-1/50 of the 20 ppm stocks standards were made in the amount of 5 diluted solution.
- 0.1 g of NaMT was added to 20 ml of blue CuSO4 solution:
Expt 1) 1 min
Expt 2) 5 mins
Expt3) 10 mins
Note: The clean, dry filter flask was used. Dry filter paper, Number 41, was used. When pouring, the solution was transferred to the center of the paper, same filtrate, (20 ml vials) in a slow movement.
part C was repeated by using 100 % CEC surfactant clay.
- 1.0 g of PVOH with Glutaraldehyde was prepared
- 0.1 g of NaMT with glutaraldehyde was added
- After constant stirring, the solution was poured in a Teflon dish.
Part E was repeated by using 100% CEC surfactant clay.
- Part C was repeated with using 50% CEC clay and γ-Fe3O4-NaMT.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.