< User:Michael F. Nagle | Notebook | Chem 571 | 2012 | 09
(Difference between revisions)
| Project name
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Begin growing E. Coli for ADA expression. The ADA made will be used to nucleate AuNPs
- make elution and binding buffers to be used for extraction and purification of ADA
- prepare solutions of tris in Au/BSA, to be analyzed by UV/Vis to determine how various concentrations affect AuNPs in solution
- Expressing ADA
- Cultures were prepared and E. Coli with a plasmid for Adenosine Deaminase (ADA) were added and incubated overnight, by Mary Mendoza. She also prepared binding and elution buffers for extraction.
- Binding and elution buffers were prepared by Puja Mody
- Tris added to Au/BSA
- In order to determine how various concentrations of tris affect AuNPs in solution, tris was added to 70 [HAuCl4/BSA] solutions prepared last week at .05mM, .5mM, 5mM, 50mM, 100mM, 200mM, 500mM and 1M. These are to be analyzed by UV/Vis.
- 1M stock solution for tris was made
- 1mol/L *.025L = .025mol Tris needed
- .025mol * 121.14g/mol = 3.0285g Tris weighed
- The following calculations were completed to determine how much tris was needed in each solution for concentrations 1M, 500mM, 200mM and 100mM. A serial dilution was done to prepare concentrations .05mM-50mM from the 500mM solution.
- 6mL Tris stock for 1M solution
- 1.2mL Tris stock for 200mM solution
- .6mL Tris stock for 100mM solution