< User:Melissa Novy | Notebook | CHEM-572 | 2013 | 04
(Difference between revisions)
|Customize your entry pages
- Prepare starter cultures of DH5α-T1 cells.
- Make film of PLA2002D + 33wt% 105CEC AgLMT.
PLA2002D + 33wt% 105CEC AgLMT
- 105CEC AgLMT made on 2013/04/09 was obtained. The protocol on 2013/02/06 was followed.
- Theoretical mass PLA: 3.00 g
- Actual mass PLA: 3.01275 g
- Theoretical mass 105AgLMT: 1.00 g
- Actual mass 105AgLMT: 0.99864 g
- It was calculated that per 1 g of LMT, 0.062 g of Ag was added in the 105% CEC exchange. In an alternative method of synthesizing the antimicrobial films, both silver and LMT were added to dissolved PLA2002D without first being exchanged. Please refer to the following protocol.
- Dissolve 3 g of PLA2002D in 30 mL of dichloromethane under a fume hood by stirring gently and heating to about 40°C.
- Add 0.0981 g AgNO3 and 1 g Laponite to the stirring solution.
- Stir the solution for 2 h, then cast into a Teflon dish.
- Actual mass PLA2002D: 3.01021 g
- Actual mass AgNO3: 0.09997 g
- Actual mass Laponite: 0.99206 g