- Cast a 3 g film of PLA2002D + 10 wt% 100Ag-LMT.
- Conduct silver ISE studies on samples of PLA2002D + 5 wt% LMT.
- Make AgNO3 calibration solutions in polypropylene Falcon tubes ranging from 1 nM to 0.1 M.
PLA2002D + 10 wt% 100Ag-LMT Film
- A solution of PLA2002D and 100Ag-LMT, made on 2013/03/05 was cast into a Teflon dish. Please refer to the entry on 2013/02/06 for the protocol.
ISE Study of PLA2002D + 5 wt% LMT
- From a 3 g film of PLA2002D + 5 wt% LMT, made on 2013/02/19, three 0.5 g samples were cut with scissors. Each sample was placed in a 100-mL polypropylene beaker filled with 50 mL pure H2O and 1 mL of ionic strength adjuster (ISA). The control was a solution consisting of 50 mL pure H2O and 1 mL of ISA without a film in a polypropylene beaker.
- The conductivity of each solution was measured with an Accumet silver/sulfide ISE every 30 min for a period of 2 h, then again after about 24 h.
- Conductivity of Solutions Containing PLA2002D + 5 wt% LMT
AgNO3 Calibration Solutions
- Solutions of AgNO3 at the following concentrations were made in polypropylene containers and with pure H2O: 1 nM, 10 nM, 100 nM, 1 μM, 10 μM, 100 μM, 1 mM, 10 mM, and 100 mM. Please refer to the entries on 2013/02/13 and 2013/02/05 for the protocol.