User:Matt Hartings/Notebook/Photosynthesis/2013/01/23

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2013/01/23 Entry for User:Matt_Hartings/Notebook/Photosynthesis)
Line 7: Line 7:
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
 +
==Minipreps==
 +
From yesterday.
 +
 +
Only the swMb cells grew. I'll have to try the pQE-80 again in amp just to check ...
 +
I extracted the DNA using the Wizard miniprep [http://www.promega.com/~/media/Files/Resources/ProtCards/Wizard%20Plus%20SV%20Minipreps%20DNA%20Purification%20System%20Quick%20Protocol.pdf protocol] and reagents.
 +
 +
I measured the DNA concentrations for the 4 samples prepared using UV Vis (diluting each sample 2uL sample into 200uL total).
 +
 +
[[Image:WTswMbMiniprep 20130123.png|300px]]
 +
 +
The final concentrations were estimated to be: 30, 40, 25, and 35 ug/mL respectively.
 +
 +
I combined all of the samples, placed them in an eppy tube, poked holes in the cap, froze the eppy/sample, and lyophilized them for 5 hours. After all of the solvent had evaporated, I labeled the sample pT7-7/WT swMb lyophilized, and placed it in the freezer in the myoglobin box.
 +
 +
==Lyophilizing==
 +
 +
I removed the samples from yesterday's Mb lyophilizing. However, there was still solid water in the samples. So I returned them to the lyophilizer.

Revision as of 16:41, 23 January 2013

Protein Re-engineering Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Minipreps

From yesterday.

Only the swMb cells grew. I'll have to try the pQE-80 again in amp just to check ... I extracted the DNA using the Wizard miniprep protocol and reagents.

I measured the DNA concentrations for the 4 samples prepared using UV Vis (diluting each sample 2uL sample into 200uL total).

The final concentrations were estimated to be: 30, 40, 25, and 35 ug/mL respectively.

I combined all of the samples, placed them in an eppy tube, poked holes in the cap, froze the eppy/sample, and lyophilized them for 5 hours. After all of the solvent had evaporated, I labeled the sample pT7-7/WT swMb lyophilized, and placed it in the freezer in the myoglobin box.

Lyophilizing

I removed the samples from yesterday's Mb lyophilizing. However, there was still solid water in the samples. So I returned them to the lyophilizer.


Objective

Learn how to maintain an OpenWetWare Notebook.



Personal tools