UV-vis scans of Au/ADA solutions
- The mole ratios measured were 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, and 200. These solutions were made from 8.24 mM HAuCl4 and 54 μM ADA stocks. The solutions were made on 11/14/12.
- focused view at wavelength 400-600 nm
- It is uncertain whether there are Au/ADA nanoparticles formed from the UV-vis scan. There is a small peak seen at mole ratio 50 and 125. However, this is inconclusive.
- Most of the samples contained fibers. The fibers were resuspended with 1 M Tris buffer pH 9.99. 2 mL of the buffer was added to each sample. UV-vis was taken for each re-suspended sample.
- There is a significant peak at the range of 520-550 nm. This can be the presence of gold nanoparticles being released from the BSA fibers.