(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 17:44, 8 May 2013
| Project name
|| Main project page|
Protocol for Assay
- The reagents were added in the following sequence:
- 1.78 mL of phosphate buffer
- 600 μL of 200 μM adenosine (final concentration 50 μM)
- This was allowed to mix through venting and placed on the chamber for absorbance reading.
- 300 μL of phosphate buffer (or inhibitor dissolved in phosphate buffer)
- 300 μL of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) (or inhibitor dissolved in DMSO)
- The cuvette contents were mixed by venting and placed on the chamber for absorbance reading.
- 20 μL of adenosine deaminase (ADA) was added to catalyze the reaction
- The kinetics of the reaction was taken using the UVProbe software.
- Cuvette Mixture no Inhibitor
- Cuvette Mixture with Inhibitor
- 50 μM 3-methylacetylsalicylic acid (ZINC 00001221)(Aldrich S376647-1G)
- 50 μM Methyl (4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)acetate (Aldrich PH003466-1MG)
- 50 μM [3,4-bis(acetyloxy)benzoic acid] (Aldrich PH00962-150MG)