ADA Kinetic Assay with Acetylsalicylic Acid inhibitor
- The objective for this laboratory period was to run ADA Kinetic assay with the addition of the inhibitor.
- Acetylsalicylic acid (C9H8O4, MW 180.16) was obtained from Sigma-Aldrich, Co.
- The assay of the acid is ≥ 99.0 %. The solid appeared as a white crystalline form having an absorbance of 230 nm.
- The first trial conducted did not include the inhibitor for the purpose of obtaining a zero point.
- There were observed inconsistencies among the 32, 39.7, 141.8, and 200 μM adenosine concentrations. Thus, new concentrations were calculated for adenosine.
- The portion below was taken from the note book of [[User:Dhea Patel/Notebook/CHEM 572: ADA&Inhibitor Kinetics/2013/02/19
- The data obtained from the ADA Assay was not consistent with previous findings, so new Adenosine concentrations were made up according to the following table: