User:Kevin K. Thai
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Kevin K. Thai
- BioMicro Center
- 31 Ames St. 68-316
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am a recent graduate of the University of California, San Diego, with a B.S. degree in Bioengieering - Biotechnology. At that institution, I was able to work under the guidance of Dr. Trey Ideker, gaining over a year of experience in analyzing various gene expressions using Agilent imcroarray technology. I am currently working as a lab technician at the BioMicro Center, located in the Koch Biology building at M.I.T. My focus has shifted to Next Generation Sequencing using the Illumina platform. With a couple more years of experience with a wide-range of innovative technologies, I hope to complete graduate school focusing on developmental biology.
- 2009, BS, University of California, San Diego (Bioengineering - Biotechnology)
- Genetic pathway interference causing human diseases
- Usage of stem cells to treat cancer
- Next Generation Sequencing using Illumina platform
- cDNA microarrays: Affymetrix and Agilent
- Bioanalyzer and qPCR: Sample Quality Control