User:Keoni K. Gandall/Notebook/Halobacterium NCR-1 vector/2013/02/06

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2013/02/06 Entry for User:Keoni_K._Gandall/Notebook/Halobacterium_NCR-1_vector)
(Entry one)
Line 7: Line 7:
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
==Entry one==
==Entry one==
-
*Nothing here
+
*Today I preformed the transformations, side by side. Some things that I noticed is that the CaCl protocol (as it should be) is much simpler then the DIY TSS method, but takes more material (that luckily I have). The TSS method, I barely used anything compared to the CaCl method, even though both are bare bones.
 +
 
 +
*I used some of the DNA I synthesized... I used (about) 500 ng in both and REALLY hope I get something, since for 4 ug cost my more then 300$.
 +
 
 +
*I noticed that once I began to get amp plates out of the refrigerator, that I only had 4! So, I had to decide which to not use, the control or the "control" with pGreen. I kept the pGreen. Hopefully by tomorrow I will see nice colonies!
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
|}
|}
__NOTOC__
__NOTOC__

Revision as of 23:19, 6 February 2013

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Entry one

  • Today I preformed the transformations, side by side. Some things that I noticed is that the CaCl protocol (as it should be) is much simpler then the DIY TSS method, but takes more material (that luckily I have). The TSS method, I barely used anything compared to the CaCl method, even though both are bare bones.
  • I used some of the DNA I synthesized... I used (about) 500 ng in both and REALLY hope I get something, since for 4 ug cost my more then 300$.
  • I noticed that once I began to get amp plates out of the refrigerator, that I only had 4! So, I had to decide which to not use, the control or the "control" with pGreen. I kept the pGreen. Hopefully by tomorrow I will see nice colonies!


Personal tools