User:Kasey E. O'Connor
- Kasey E. O'Connor
- Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive MS-B 6904
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Mathematics Department at Loyola Marymount University. I learned about OpenWetWare from class, and I've joined because my class requires it.
- I am currently working towards a Bachelor of Science in Biomathematics.
- I am expected to graduate in May 2014.
Upper Division Mathematics Courses Taken
- MATH 360 - Statistics and Probability
- MATH 321 - Real Variables I
- MATH 357 - Complex Variables
Upper Division Mathematics Courses Currently Enrolled In
- MATH 331 - Elements of Group Theory
- MATH 355 - Methods of Applied Mathematics
- MATH 499 - Mathematics and Networks
Upper Division Biology Courses Currently Enrolled In
- BIOL 398 - Biomathematical Modeling
- Starting in Spring 2013 and continuing through Summer 2013, I will be doing research with Dr. Fitzpatrick. We will be mathematically modeling dynamic networks of an interacting society, optimization and game theoretic methods of modeling interactions, and numerical simulation techniques.
Delta Delta Delta National Sorority
- Delta Delta Delta
- Initiated in Spring of 2011
- Member Development Chairman in 2012
- Currently Philanthropy Chairman
- Teacher's Assistant in 2011 and 2013
- Tutoring Session Leader in 2012
- Private Tutor in 2012 and 2013
- Research with Dr. Fitzpatrick in 2013
- Mentor for two 8th graders at Lennox Middle School from 2010-2012
- After much deliberation, and jumping around from field to field, I have currently decided to try and go to Law School to become a family lawyer.
Favorite Part of Mathematics
- Differential Equations is the most interesting part of mathematics for me because each problem is like solving a puzzle to try and get back to the original function.
Favorite Part of Biology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology is my favorite field of Biology. I find that learning about how the body and all of the systems in the body work to be the most interesting part of Biology.