- Jayajit Das
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Departments of Pediatrics, Physics, Integrated Biomedical Sciences, and Biophysics Graduate Program
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205
Email: das.70 @ osu.edu; jayajit.das @ nationwidechildrens.org ; jayajit @ gmail.com
Phone: 614-355-5632 (work)
Education and Professional Experience
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
The primary focus of our research is uncovering mechanisms and physical principles that underlie host-microbe relationships. My group uses mathematical and computational techniques rooted in engineering, nonlinear dynamics, statistics and physics, in particular, statistical physics. A large number of the projects in my group are carried out in synergistic collaboration with our experimental collaborators. The rest of my research effort is invested in analyzing specific living systems with reduced models for unraveling novel physical principles. The long-term goal of our research endeavor is two-fold: (i) to uncover basic mechanisms to help envision therapeutic strategies for diseases related to our immune system, (ii) to find novel physical principles that underlie host-microbe relations. Our research projects can be broadly classified into three interlinked themes: (1) Lymphocyte signaling and activation. (2) Host-microbe relation in polymicrobial infections (Otitis Media). (3) Physics of single cell and cell populations.
Sayak Mukherjee (Ph.D Physics, V.Tech) Postdoc
Vinal Lakhani (PhD Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, UNC Chapel Hill) Postdoc
Michael Dworkin (Math Major, OSU) Undergraduate student
Current Position: Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Birra Abdurehman (Math Major, OSU) Undergraduate student
Jagadish Kumar (Postdoc) 2010-2011
Mithila Agnihotri Graduate student, OSU Biophysics Program
Arjun Venkataraman (High School Research Project)
- Das J and Khakoo SI. . pmid:26284480.
- Mukherjee S, Weimer KE, Seok SC, Ray WC, Jayaprakash C, Vieland VJ, Swords WE, and Das J. . pmid:25473880.
- Cassidy S, Mukherjee S, Myint TM, Mbiribindi B, North H, Traherne J, Mulder A, Claas FH, Purbhoo MA, Das J, and Khakoo SI. . pmid:25359276.
- Joshi RP, Schmidt AM, Das J, Pytel D, Riese MJ, Lester M, Diehl JA, Behrens EM, Kambayashi T, and Koretzky GA. . pmid:24280043.
- Mukherjee S, Seok SC, Vieland VJ, and Das J. . pmid:24164951.
- Mukherjee S, Seok SC, Vieland VJ, and Das J. . pmid:24167288.
- Mukherjee S, Rigaud S, Seok SC, Fu G, Prochenka A, Dworkin M, Gascoigne NR, Vieland VJ, Sauer K, and Das J. . pmid:24066087.
- Das J. . pmid:23298061.
- Mukherjee S, Zhu J, Zikherman J, Parameswaran R, Kadlecek TA, Wang Q, Au-Yeung B, Ploegh H, Kuriyan J, Das J, and Weiss A. . pmid:23281368.
- Dworkin M, Mukherjee S, Jayaprakash C, and Das J. . pmid:22378749.
- Das J. . pmid:20923636.
- Chakraborty AK and Das J. . pmid:20029448.
- Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19566183.
- Chakraborty AK, Das J, Zikherman J, Yang M, Govern CC, Ho M, Weiss A, and Roose J. . pmid:19366993.
- Das J, Ho M, Zikherman J, Govern C, Yang M, Weiss A, Chakraborty AK, and Roose JP. . pmid:19167334.
- Prasad A, Zikherman J, Das J, Roose JP, Weiss A, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19098101.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:18760640.
- Artyomov MN, Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:18025473.
- Wylie DC, Das J, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:17360359.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Locasale J, Arnold P, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Fremont D, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:17346997.
- More details at http://www.nationwidechildrens.org/jayajit-das
Graduate Student: Students with a background in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Chemical Engineering are encouraged to apply.