I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jayajit Das
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Biophysics Graduate Program and Department of Pediatrics
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205
Email: das.70 @ osu.edu; jayajit.das @ nationwidechildrens.org ; jayajit @ gmail.com
Phone: 614-355-4526 (work)
Education and Professional Experience
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
- Das J, Ho M, Zikherman J, Govern C, Yang M, Weiss A, Chakraborty AK, and Roose JP. . pmid:19167334.
- Prasad A, Zikherman J, Das J, Roose JP, Weiss A, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19098101.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:18760640.
- Artyomov MN, Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:18025473.
- Wylie DC, Das J, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:17360359.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Locasale J, Arnold P, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Fremont D, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:17346997.
- Detailed CV: Image:Das cv jan 09 web.pdf
Postdoctoral Fellow:A postdoctoral position is available immediately at the Das Lab in the Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital (www.nationwidechildrens.org/research). The Das Lab uses computational and theoretical tools based on stochastic methods, nonlinear dynamics and statistical mechanics. All the projects are focused on understanding our immune system (innate and adaptive) at a mechanistic level and are carried out with synergistic collaborations with leading experimentalists in the area. Highly motivated and career oriented applicants with expertise in statistical physics, chemical engineering, bioengineering, systems biology or other areas of computational biology are particularly encouraged to apply.
We have a state of the art computer cluster with 96 INTEL processors. The resources at the Ohio State University campus are also available. The position will be for one year, renewable for a second year. Interested candidates should send (preferably by email), a brief cover letter stating your interest in our lab, a short CV and names and contact information of three referees to me at das.70 @ osu.edu .
Please send a copy of the application to:
Phone # 614-722-3811
Graduate Student: Students with a background of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science and Chemical Engineering are encouraged to apply.