- Jayajit Das
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Departments of Pediatrics, Physics, Integrated Biomedical Sciences, and Biophysics Graduate Program
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205
Email: das.70 @ osu.edu; jayajit.das @ nationwidechildrens.org ; jayajit @ gmail.com
Phone: 614-355-5632 (work)
Education and Professional Experience
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
My lab uses theoretical and computational approaches based on statistical physics to uncover basic mechanistic principles underlying our innate and adaptive immune response. Obtaining such mechanistic principles from experimental observations alone is often difficult because the pertinent processes include co-operative dynamic events with many participating components. A further complication that confounds intuition is stochastic fluctuations in these systems with small numbers of molecules. However, by synergistically integrating observations from experiments with transgenic animals, single molecule techniques and imaging studies probing molecular events in live animals with these theoretical and computational approaches we can provide system-level understanding into such complex systems. The mechanistic insight gained from such studies not only will help develop future experiments to unravel basic principles of our immune system, but may also help envision therapeutic strategies for infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders.
Sayak Mukherjee (Ph.D Physics, V.Tech) Postdoc
Aleya Dhanji Graduate student, OSU Physics Department
Arjun Venkataraman (High School Research Project)
Michael Dworkin (Math Major, OSU) Undergraduate student
Current Position: Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Birra Abdurehman (Math Major, OSU) Undergraduate student
Jagadish Kumar (Postdoc) 2010-2011
Mithila Agnihotri Graduate student, OSU Biophysics Program
- Das J. . pmid:23298061.
- Mukherjee S, Zhu J, Zikherman J, Parameswaran R, Kadlecek TA, Wang Q, Au-Yeung B, Ploegh H, Kuriyan J, Das J, and Weiss A. . pmid:23281368.
- Dworkin M, Mukherjee S, Jayaprakash C, and Das J. . pmid:22378749.
- Das J. . pmid:20923636.
- Chakraborty AK and Das J. . pmid:20029448.
- Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19566183.
- Chakraborty AK, Das J, Zikherman J, Yang M, Govern CC, Ho M, Weiss A, and Roose J. . pmid:19366993.
- Das J, Ho M, Zikherman J, Govern C, Yang M, Weiss A, Chakraborty AK, and Roose JP. . pmid:19167334.
- Prasad A, Zikherman J, Das J, Roose JP, Weiss A, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19098101.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:18760640.
- Artyomov MN, Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:18025473.
- Wylie DC, Das J, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:17360359.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Locasale J, Arnold P, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Fremont D, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:17346997.
- Detailed CV: Image:Das cv jan 09 web.pdf
- More details at http://www.mathmed.org/#Jayajit_Das
Graduate Student: Students with a background in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Chemical Engineering are encouraged to apply.