|Line 43:||Line 43:|
a emailstating your interest in our laba short CV
Revision as of 14:34, 2 February 2009
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jayajit Das
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Biophysics Graduate Program and Department of Pediatrics
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205
Email: das.70 @ osu.edu; jayajit.das @ nationwidechildrens.org ; jayajit @ gmail.com
Phone: 614-355-4526 (work)
Education and Professional Experience
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
My lab uses theoretical and computational approaches based on statistical physics to uncover basic mechanistic principles underlying our innate and adaptive immune response. Obtaining such mechanistic principles from experimental observations alone is often difficult because the pertinent processes include co-operative dynamic events with many participating components. A further complication that confounds intuition is stochastic fluctuations in these systems with small numbers of molecules. However, by synergistically integrating observations from experiments with transgenic animals, single molecule techniques and imaging studies probing molecular events in live animals with these theoretical and computational approaches we can provide system-level understanding into such complex systems. The mechanistic insight gained from such studies not only will help develop future experiments to unravel basic principles of our immune system, but may also help envision therapeutic strategies for infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders.
- Das J, Ho M, Zikherman J, Govern C, Yang M, Weiss A, Chakraborty AK, and Roose JP. . pmid:19167334.
- Prasad A, Zikherman J, Das J, Roose JP, Weiss A, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19098101.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:18760640.
- Artyomov MN, Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:18025473.
- Wylie DC, Das J, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:17360359.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Locasale J, Arnold P, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Fremont D, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:17346997.
- Detailed CV: Image:Das cv jan 09 web.pdf
Postdoctoral Fellow:A postdoctoral position is available immediately at the Das Lab in the Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital (www.nationwidechildrens.org/research). The Das Lab uses computational and theoretical tools based on stochastic methods, nonlinear dynamics and statistical mechanics. More details about the lab can be found at, http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Jayajit_Das. All the projects are focused on understanding our immune system (innate and adaptive) at a mechanistic level and are carried out with synergistic collaborations with leading experimentalists in the area. Highly motivated and career oriented applicants with expertise in statistical physics, chemical engineering, bioengineering, systems biology or other areas of computational biology are particularly encouraged to apply.
We have a state of the art computer cluster with 96 INTEL processors. The resources at the Ohio State University campus are also available. The position will be for one year, renewable for a second year. Interested candidates should send (preferably by email), a brief cover letter stating your interest in our lab, a short CV and names and contact information of three referees to,
Jayajit Das Assistant Professor Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Biophysics Graduate Group, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43206 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 614-355-4526 Fax: 614-355-2728
Please send a copy of the application to: Alexis Phillips-Simmons Admin. Assistant Phone # 614-722-3811 Email: Alexis.Phillips-Simmons@nationwidechildrens.org