|Line 29:||Line 29:|
#Paper1 Jayajit Das, Mary Ho, Julie Zikherman, Christopher Govern, Ming Yang, Arthur Weiss, Arup K. Chakraborty and Jeroen Roose, ''Digital signaling and hystersis characterize ras activation in lymphocytes'' Cell,
#Paper1 Jayajit Das, Mary Ho, Julie Zikherman, Christopher Govern, Ming Yang, Arthur Weiss, Arup K. Chakraborty and Jeroen Roose, ''Digital signaling and hystersis characterize ras activation in lymphocytes'' Cell, , .
Revision as of 10:54, 23 January 2009
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jayajit Das
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Biophysics Graduate Program and Department of Pediatrics
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205
Email: das.70 @ osu.edu; jayajit.das @ nationwidechildrens.org ; jayajit @ gmail.com
Phone: 614-355-4526 (work)
Education and Professional Experience
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
My lab uses theoretical and computational approaches based on statistical physics to uncover basic mechanistic principles underlying our innate and adaptive immune response. Obtaining such mechanistic principles from experimental observations alone is often difficult because the pertinent processes include co-operative dynamic events with many participating components. A further complication that confounds intuition is stochastic fluctuations in these systems with small numbers of molecules. However, by synergistically integrating observations from experiments with transgenic animals, single molecule techniques and imaging studies probing molecular events in live animals with these theoretical and computational approaches we can provide system-level understanding into such complex systems. The mechanistic insight gained from such studies not only will help develop future experiments to unravel basic principles of our immune system, but may also help envision therapeutic strategies for infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders.
- Jayajit Das, Mary Ho, Julie Zikherman, Christopher Govern, Ming Yang, Arthur Weiss, Arup K. Chakraborty and Jeroen Roose, Digital signaling and hystersis characterize ras activation in lymphocytes Cell, vol. 136, p. 337 (2009).
- Prasad A, Zikherman J, Das J, Roose JP, Weiss A, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:19098101.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:18760640.
- Artyomov MN, Das J, Kardar M, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:18025473.
- Wylie DC, Das J, and Chakraborty AK. . pmid:17360359.
- Cemerski S, Das J, Locasale J, Arnold P, Giurisato E, Markiewicz MA, Fremont D, Allen PM, Chakraborty AK, and Shaw AS. . pmid:17346997.