< User:Etienne Robillard | Notebook
- An important secondary amine used as precursor to alkylamines with a aryl-ketone (heteroarylalkyl) moeity when the reaction is performed in presence of a [cyanide anion] as the nitrogen substitution group .
- In organic synthesis, piperidine may participate in hydrogenation of C=N double bounds where the N-substituted chiral imine center may be converted to a enamine, the tautomeric form of a imine. 1
Reductive alkylation of N-aryl substituted imines via piperidine-derived enamines
- Stork-Enamine alkylation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stork_enamine_alkylation
Piperidine derivatives in nucleophilic keto-enol (imine) substitutions
- Notebook : AuNP(gold) catalyzed cyclic imide hydrolase
- For DNA depurination with a 2-cyanoethyl hetero-aryl-alkyl moeity (ie: a N-methyl cyanide anion), see Ethanamine
- For in situ polymer-based drug delivery of phenethylamine substituted imines, see Phenethylamine and Grignard reagents .