To read later:
- GABA: a pioneer transmitter that excites immature neurons and generates primitive oscillations.
- Ketamine-induced loss of phenotype of fast-spiking interneurons is mediated by NADPH-oxidase.
- Original article is here.
- "GABA and Glycine" by Steven M. Paul (2000): http://www.acnp.org/g4/gn401000008/default.htm
- IFP: Interstitial Fluid Pressure - Ie the flow capacity for a "neuronal circuit" to mediate Ca2+ electric signals into Axons and Synapses.
- Keywords: Flow Calibration, IFP, Flow Cytometry, GFP (Green Fluorescence Protein), Calcium signaling (Pathway), NMDAR, CREB1, ...
- striatal neuron: a fast-spiking interneuron located inside the striatum (part of the frontal cortex)
- Parvalbulmin (PV): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene?cmd=retrieve&dopt=default&rn=1&list_uids=5816 (chromosome 22)
- pCREB1 protein binding factors:
- Estrogen signaling pathway (Check around GABAergic synapse: How many CREB1 inducer genes can you identify?): http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bin/show_pathway?ko04915+K05870
- Alcoholism (Note the direction of GABA and NMDAR induced interneurons): http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bin/show_pathway?ko05034+K05870
- Chloride-dependent glycine transporter 1 (GlyT1): http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P48067
- Patent is here.
- Glycine Transport Inhibitors for the Treatment of Schizophrenia (Free PMC) (2010)
- Graphic 1 - note the reference to Ketamine!
- Graphic 2 - note the comment about serine transhydroxy methylase in Figure 6.10 !
- amphetamine-induced locomotor hyperactivity: A criteria for
jobcandidate selection in Quebec ?
- Étienne de la Boetie: «Discours de la servitude volontaire» (1549) 1
Did you know?
"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not; it is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly." -Thomas Henry Huxley
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell