- Elizabeth Polidan
- Loyola Marymount University
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am in MATH 388. I learned about OpenWetWare from Professor Kam Dahlquist, and I've joined to participate in course work.
- 2015, BS, Biomathematics, Loyola Marymount University
- Biochemistry & Cell Physiology
- Conservation Biology Seminar
- Principles of Evolution
- Probability & Statistics
- Biomathematical Modeling (current)
- Biomathematics Research
- Data Structures
- Unix and shell programming
- C Programming
- Stochastic modeling
- Agent-based modeling
- Energy budgets
My favorite aspect of biology is the fact that everything is connected and inter-dependent. I love the complexity.
My favorite aspect of mathematics is that you can use it as a tool to understand the world, from ecosystems to social interactions to physics.
My one concern is that I had cell biology and biochemistry a loooong time ago. I hope that does not affect my ability to understand the biology content.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.