| Experimental Chemistry
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
To continue the porphyrin film salt tests
- Remove the porphyrin film from the sodium sulfate solution.
- Cut the film to the size of a cuvette
- Measure the thickness of the film (2.6 mm)
- Take a UV-Vis of the film.
- Place the film into 2% wt H2SO4 solution until it turns green
- Remove the film from the acid solution and place it in the previously prepared aluminum sulfate solution.
- Add data and results here...
- After sitting in the sodium sulfate the whole weekend, the porphyrin film had a light brown color.
- The porphyrin film was sort of falling apart, broke into 2 pieces one large and one small, we used the larger one
- High baseline occurs because the crosslinking makes the film not completely transparent