User:Eamon B. O'Dea
Models and methods
- Parameter estimation for stochastic epidemic models
- Parameter estimation for dynamic contact networks
- Phylodynamics: methods for jointly analyzing phylogentic data of pathogens with data about population dynamics
- Degree correlations in complex networks
- Mutational robustness
Areas of application
- Infectious diseases of livestock
- Norovirus epidemiology
- HIV epidemiology
- Lethal mutagenesis
- E. B. O'Dea, K. M. Pepin, B. A. Lopman, and C. O. Wilke. Fitting outbreak models to data from many small norovirus outbreaks. Epidemics. doi:10.1016/j.epidem.2013.12.002
- E. B. O'Dea and C. O. Wilke (2011). Contact heterogeneity and phylodynamics: How contact networks shape parasite evolutionary trees. Interdiscip. Persp. Inf. Dis. 2011:238743. doi:10.1155/2011/238743
- E. B. O'Dea, T. E. Keller, and C. O. Wilke (2010). Does mutational robustness inhibit extinction by lethal mutagenesis in viral populations? PLoS Comp. Biol.
- E. B. O'Dea. Degree-correlated scale-free networks and epidemics. Undergraduate Biomathematics Day, April 2008, Niagara Falls, NY.
- E. B. O'Dea and S. Bansal. Learning patterns of transmission from the U.S. PEDV outbreak. Epidemics, November 2013, Amsterdam.
- E. B. O'Dea and C. Leary. Epidemic dynamics on randomized scale-free networks. The Joint Mathematics Meeting of the MAA and AMS, January 2008, San Diego.