| Applied Soil Microbial Ecology
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Remains of the Day
- Interviewed intern candidates most of the day
- Did NifH primer test, as gradient from 52 to 62 degrees, with 40 cycles, 2.5 minutes extension, 25 ul of reaction and Klebsiella pneumonii as a positive control, E. coli as negative, Methylobacterial cells as test and corn soil DNA as a test.
- Did Oomycete TRFLP primer test, as gradient from 52 to 62 degrees, with 40 cycles, 2.5 minutes extension, 25 ul of reaction and infected arrugula rhizosphere as a positive control, and Alliston potato soil DNA as a test.
- Autoclaved LGI broth for use in plate incubation test tommorow.
- Did PCR for fungal trflp of California soils that Joseph extracted since he's been having a hard time doing it.