User:Celeste N Peterson
m (User:Celeste N Peteson moved to User:Celeste N Peterson: Automatically moved page while renaming the user "Celeste N Peteson" to "Celeste N Peterson")
Celeste N Peterson
Welcome to my page!
- 2006, PhD, Princeton University
- 1998, BS, Yale University
Department of Biology
41 Temple St.Boston, MA 02114
Archer Building, Room 506
Archer Building, Room 503 and Room 566
Kristi Wynn- BS Biology May 2012 As a research assistant, Kristi has been characterizing the role of OxyR during oxidative stress in Caulobacter crescentus. She helped demonstrate that the transcription factor is necessary for the induction of a catalase enzyme after exposure to hydrogen peroxide. She has optimized the oxidative stress assay in C. crescentus, using varying concentrations of hydrogen peroxide and different growth conditions.
Courses I am Teaching
- Molecular Genetics Bio474
- Molecular Genetics Lab Bio474L
- Genetics Bio274
- Genetics Lab Bio274L
- Principles of Biology Bio102L
- Mushegian AA, Peterson CN, Baker CC, Pringle A. Bacterial diversity across individual lichens. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011 Jun;77(12):4249-52. Epub 2011 Apr 29
- Peterson CN, Day S, Wolfe BE, Ellison AM, Kolter R, Pringle A.A keystone predator controls bacterial diversity in the pitcher-plant (Sarracenia purpurea) microecosystem. Environ Microbiol. 2008 Sep;10(9):2257-66. Epub 2008 May 11.
- Fredriksson A, Ballesteros M, Peterson CN, Persson O, Silhavy TJ, Nyström T. Decline in ribosomal fidelity contributes to the accumulation and stabilization of the master stress response regulator sigmaS upon carbon starvation. Genes Dev. 2007 Apr 1;21(7):862-74.
- Peterson CN, Carabetta VJ, Chowdhury T, Silhavy TJ. J Bacteriol. LrhA regulates rpoS translation in response to the Rcs phosphorelay system in Escherichia coli. 2006 May;188(9):3175-81.
- Peterson CN, Mandel MJ, Silhavy TJ. J Bacteriol. Escherichia coli starvation diets: essential nutrients weigh in distinctly. 2005 Nov;187(22):7549-53. Review. No abstract available.
- Peterson CN, Ruiz N, Silhavy TJ. J Bacteriol. RpoS proteolysis is regulated by a mechanism that does not require the SprE (RssB) response regulator phosphorylation site. 2004 Nov;186(21):7403-10.
- Ray AS, Murakami E, Peterson CN, Shi J, Schinazi RF, Anderson KS. Interactions of enantiomers of 2',3'-didehydro-2',3'-dideoxy-fluorocytidine with wild type and M184V mutant HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. Antiviral Res. 2002 Dec;56(3):189-205.
- Ruiz N, Peterson CN, Silhavy TJ. J Bacteriol. RpoS-dependent transcriptional control of sprE: regulatory feedback loop. 2001 Oct;183(20):5974-81.